Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 45

Like every week I always have fun stuff to tell! This week was a mixture of service. I can't tell you all how much I love service. I'd actually be more happy if they sent me to the middle of nowhere and we had to do service everyday. Like that would be super cool! I enjoy serving others and when it gives us results like seeing less actives at church or getting new people to teach I feel like even more got done...sometimes I even try to give a thought or message in the time we serve. I try to be sneaky and suttle like a super secret conversion spy XD 

We were working with this member. He is fully active. Sadly his wife passed away a few years ago (I don't know how long) and our job as our Bishop asked was to go keep him company. So we've not only taught a few lessons with him, but we've also done lots of service. He eats it up and loves our company. Every time we visit he asks us if we need food or something to drink or anything. I honestly enjoy helping people like him. I only hope that if I live that long that people do that for me....because I want my future spouse to die first so she isn't left alone while I'm in heaven. I don't want that XD 

I've also been reading in the Infinite Atonement this week. I kinda read two thirds of it then put it down for like 8 months and now I've come back to finish it along with re-reading the book of mormon (I'm half way through second nephi again) and the stuff I'm reading is just....Wow. Tadd R. Calister knows how to keep it real. Its in reading this book that I've expanded my knowledge on the Atonement and what it has done for me. For everyone who uses it. It has done so much for us. It also gave a good point...The Atonement is not only the only way...but Justice can never ever do what the Atonement did. Justice is a law that requires you to pay him now! take a person in prison. Once he gets out will he have changed? some do...most do not I feel and go right back to doing what they did. Justice cannot change us...but Grace and the Atonement can. I've also been heavily thinking about Grace and how it Changes us through repentance. When we want to repent and get back to God we are actively changing ourselves to be with him again. Its a want to put ourselves higher than the natural man and rise to a higher plane and try to be like him. I think in the eternal scheme of things...if we try our hardest to change and become a better disciple we can and will inherit his greatest gift for us which is Godhood. 

This week was amazing. I think I'm gonna leave....if I don't that would be weird and crazy but fine with me. There is certain members I would be sad to leave and we are hoping I stay. I love and miss you all and hope your week is going amazing 

Peace and Love, Peace and Love

Elder James H. Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment