Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 36

So as I mentioned last Tuesday we had a few big things going on this week. I'll talk about them in a particular order.
First we had the MAN CAMP on Friday. It was amazing. Now don't tell me that God blesses his good children because this was a pure blessing. It couldn't have worked better. We had no dinners on the days we were gone so we didn't have to make the awkward call...Lucky us! And we spent time talking with a fewnon-members and less actives. The highlight was having our Exed Investigator there. He sent mum the pictures from the camp he took of us. He's a really cool guy and is super nice. He brought his 9 year old son and we all had a blast. The big event was a fireside about which men in our life made us the way we are. This was the only reason why pres said we could come lol and so naturally we got to go first. I knew right away that Dad! (Papa, Erik, That one who I got sealed to that rocks) was the one who made me the man I am today. I talked about how he walked into our lives a brave man. He had to deal with three little children from 10-8-6 and had to learn how to help raise them. I'm on a mission and IO'm doing a good job so I think he did a good job eh?
After the campout we had the next big event. Transfer Calls

Neither me or Elder Baker is leaving again XD he even got promoted to District leader. The only one in our district to leave was Elder Carlson. It was kinda funny. A little mission inside joke that I'll explain when I get home :3 SO this means my address will not be changing for another six weeks! yay! SO SEND ME ALL THE LETTERS! lol

We also have been meeting with this new investigator. I think I mentioned him briefly last week. His mum was a less active for over 20 years and she wanted him to get baptized. We've taught him twice and set a date for the 24th! how cool! It is amazing how the lord truly prepares his people for us to come help them. I'm just glad I got to!

This week I've been talking about faith with the members and why its a good thing to have. I've been relating this scripture 

 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:6

I hope you all are having a good week. I miss you all and hey! Next transfer Is my year mark....WAT...Its 9 months in three days and the end of the next one is 12 months. Holy cow...that was quick huh? Lol 

Peace and Love

Elder James Harrison Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment