Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 48

Having jumped over that hump known as the year mark I feel like I'm a bit older missionary wise. 
I've been thinking about the month of September. Its a huge month for the Nielsen family. Not only do we have the year mark of my family distance...but it's also soon a special dads birthday. I won't say who just so spoilers don't get made but...I'm really excited. I've been thinking about dads and the roles they play. I have two dads. My dad and my heavenly dad. Both of them are there cheering for me each day that I continue going as best as I can. I also try to be the very best to not only make their name carry on in honor, but try my best to be just like them. Its something I find joy in. Fathers are very important. I think a good scripture that makes this have truth is the father of Enos. Enos had in his youth

"3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart."

I think all fathers in a way try to convey the truth of things holy...at least in some way. I know mine does. I know as I've gone out into the world like enos did (Not to hunt beasts but to find men) that the words of my father have more than once sunk into my heart. I think I've had multiple accounts of "Wrestling" with God for the truth like Enos has. In the end my result was the same as his. He wanted that word to be spread to everyone else.

We really never know the impact we have over others. Fathers have a huge one. I want to say as my dads birthday comes up to say thank you. Thank you dad for making me the way I am now. It could not be without you.

That's really my email for this week. I miss you all. Everyday has me seeing new and amazing things. In just 10 days I'll be at the temple. That will be amazing! I am grateful to my family for the package they sent. It really warmed my heart and I will make sure I only eat one candy a day till I'm back to give you all a hug (and some a kiss) :D

Peace and Love Peace and Love


Elder James Harrison Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment