Sunday, May 15, 2016

Week 30

I had a sort of nervous breakdown a few days ago. You see...perfection isn't something we achieve now...and its surely not something we get on the mission. I have to stop worrying about the little things. I worry about my little imperfections that really don't matter. I get worked up and think I'll get sent home if I sleep in or something dumb like that. Thank the sweet lord for Elder Baker. He has like kept me above water and told me that its like okay...SO I'm after a long day amazing! See everyone has issues...But at least I am getting past them! Yay! 

This week and the next week following I've been asking members at dinner appointments to focus on missionary work. At Specialized training we focused on the work of salvation and how important it is to get people to God. We went into detail (Its a little deep) about the kingdoms of glory. We talked about a certain level of damnation that one inherits even if they get to the Celestial Kingdom without going right to the top...See only at the top can we become like God...anything lower and your stuck as an angel looking up at those who attained that Exaltation...You'd feel like you could have done better right? That's why I've been redoubling my efforts to find people to teach as well as teaching members. Mosiah 28:3 reflects both my feelings and the sons of king Mosiah.

"Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."

That's my feeling. I don't want anyone to endure that torment of "I could have done better" or "I could have been That..."
Nobody deserves that. Everybody deserves the Eternal Life that God wants to give us. It takes work but it is worth it. 

Oh also we had a huge snow storm on Saturday. Its almost gone though lol. It melted during church...so um...Yeah Co weather is so odd. 

Hope you guys all are rocking. I am having a pretty dang good day myself! 

Peace and Love~

Elder James H. Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment